beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Thursday 25 September 2014

Evening Skincare Routine


To the horror of many of you, I used to be incredibly slack when it came to taking care of my skin.  I would sleep with makeup on, I was ridiculously lazy with products, I wasn't giving my skin time to breathe and heal and it was certainly starting to show. Times have changed though and I now look forward to doing my nightly skincare regime.  Since then I've found a whole heap of products I absolutely adore that work wonders for me that won't be neglected anytime soon.

//Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser $32
I spoke about this along with the other Kiehl's products in this post (with the exception of the Midnight Recovery) in my Holy Grail Skincare Brand post. I absolutely adore this cleanser, leaves the skin feeling incredibly clean and has definitely helped with reducing pores. Love it to death. 

//La Roche Posay Serozinc Toner €7
You best believe the hype about this one.  I'm still not entirely sure what makes this product so great but I absolutely adore it. For those of you wondering, it's an incredibly hydrating toner designed to soothe skin suffering irritation. Whether this irritation is due to razor burn, even nappy rash or blemishes, this product claims to fix it.  While I've only suffered the latter, I can say with confidence that it does do what it claims and is incredible if you suffer from any agitated, acne prone skin.  Luuurve this, absolute favourite toner and I'll be lost without it when this bottle runs out as unfortunately it isn't stocked in Australia.

//Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate $61
I actually share this bottle with my gorgeous Mumma as she's a total Kiehl's lover as well (must run in the genes). I've only been using this for couple of weeks but I already love it, my skin has been looking incredibly radiant and the overall texture of my skin has improved greatly. Holy grail material? I think so.

//Dermalogica Breakout Clearing Overnight Treatment $17
I've used this for a good year or so now and it has failed to disappoint me. Filled with all sorts of good stuff to help reduce redness and congestion. So effective and doesn't dry out the skin. I use this all over my t-zone and I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

//Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado $41
As I've already spoken about this I'll keep this short & sweet.  This does such a lovely job of keeping the eye area hydrated and I absolutely love it.

//Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream $66
I find this incredibly beneficial after a long day. This is the only moisturiser I use as I find it rich enough for nighttime yet light enough to get away with it throughout the day.  From the first day I tried it my skin improved considerably and I haven't looked back since. I now wake up with soft, supple, smooth, hydrated skin and I can thank this product for that. 

So girls if you're treating your skin in a similar way to the way I was way back in 2012, go out and find some products that work for you. You'll thank yourself in the long run - after all, skin care shouldn't be considered a luxury, it's a necessity. 

Cait xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig