beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Monday 15 September 2014

Let's Talk About Face Masks...

There's nothing better than a good, purifying face mask in my opinion.  Being a slight (massive) skin care obsessor, I love skin care and all skin products but there's just something about face masks that makes them all the more exciting to use. Maybe it's the quick results they bring, the fact that you can actually feel them working, or the care free factor - just slap one on for 10-15 minutes and bam you're done.  Not only are they great, but you can make them yourself. This post is all about the pre-made, buy them in a pot/tube/bottle kinda ones though, so behold, here are my top five that have been known to work wonders for my skin. Unfortunately I only have one of these on hand at the moment, but I certainly know what I'll be picking up next time I'm in Melbourne. 

5. Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask $59
Slightly on the pricier side, but fair enough, this stuff is heaven. While the jam like consistency feels slightly strange at first, you can practically feel this product eating away at the top layer of dead skin, leaving the skin feeling incredibly soft, radiant, glowing and new.

4. Lush Ayesha Fresh Face Mask $16.95
If you've tried this, you know it certainly doesn't smell great. But putting that aside, this mask is such a refreshing, cooling blend of absorbent clays, asparagus, kiwi and a whole heap of other good stuff. While it's aimed at targeting wrinkles, for us younger girls it keeps our youthful skin looking plump and new.  The only downside to Lush masks are that since they need refrigerating, they really only keep for about 2 or 3 weeks, not such a problem if you live near a Lush stockist, but for girls like me this can be a slight annoyance.  They are able to be ordered online though, so there are ways around it.

3. Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask $16.95
Another Lush mask, but rightly so, these little pots of heaven are so damn good.  However this particular one is my absolute favourite from the Lush line up. This mask is incredible for softening the skin, leaving it feeling practically new, incredibly fresh and dewy. Especially ideal for those with dry or sensitive skin types - non irritating and gentle on the skin. Filled with oatmeal, almonds, banana and vanilla, this stuff not only smells incredible but does the skin a world of good too.  Another thing I love about Lush is that they use only natural ingredients, and are perfectly fine for Vegan's too!

2. Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque $39
Can we please just take a moment to appreciate Aesop's packaging? So so simple and chic.  This company knows what they're doing. This is a gorgeous clay masque with oh so many benefits.  While I've heard mixed reviews on the mask, I personally found it to be really effective, doesn't dry out the skin, but unclogs pores, aids with blemishes and is over all a really good cleansing mask. Definitely try this one if it sounds like something you're in the market for.

1. Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque $36
Could there really be any other contender for the top spot? There's just something about Kiehl's products - they're so effective, you just know they're going to work. Might I also add just how much I love their simplistic packaging!? While this may seem slightly pricy, for the amount of product you get in the huge tub, it's well worth it. Doing exactly what it says on the pot, it aids in banishing impurities from the skin, leaving it appearing more polished and clean, especially good for those who might be struggling with any acne or congestion.  I've tried a whole tonne of clay masks and none of them are yet to rival the Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque. Love it to death, an absolute staple in my skincare routine and you can guarantee I won't ever allow my skincare shelf to be without it.

So there you have it, my five favourite all time favourite face masks! Leave your favourites in the comments. 

Cait xx

*** All product prices are in Australian Dollars

2 comments:

  1. I really love your blog, i have to try one of those.. maybe we can follow each other via Bloglovin? let me know on my blog and I’ll follow you back.

    New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig