beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Wednesday 10 September 2014

My Holy Grail Skincare BRAND?

Ahhh Kiehl's, my one true love. I've struggled with a multitude of skin issues for the longest time - dry skin, combination skin, oily skin, blemishes, you name it, my skin has been there! Because of this, I've realised the importance of using quality products on your skin that actually work. While skincare products from the drugstore are far nicer on the wallet, those products often don't offer the benefits that products from higher end brands do. For the past couple years I've been back and forth, left right and centre searching for and trying products that would guarantee me better skin.  A couple of months ago late one night whilst waiting for an 11pm Dubai bound flight in the Tullamarine airport, curiosity got the better of me.  I finally bit the bullet and purchased some Kiehl's products and I'm yet to look back. Here are my picks from the Kiehl's line up.


// Ultra Facial Cream - $66 per 125mL
This stuff saved my skin on all four of the recent long haul flights I've been on. I've been on the hunt for a rich yet not too rich, if you get what I mean, do it all moisturiser. My holy grail moisturiser, I use it morning and night.  Keeps the skin hydrated to the nines in such a lovely, healthy way. I can't fault this product at all.

// Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado - $41 per 14mL
You're probably wondering why a 17 year old needs eye cream. While wrinkles and all that jazz aren't a problem for me, in typical teenager fashion I stay up far too late and simply don't get all the sleep I need, so dark under eye circles are a slight dilemma. Alright, a big dilemma. While I haven't noticed a massive difference in my under eye circles (and this isn't an eye cream that professes to miraculously fix dark circles) I now need to apply less concealer in the mornings, which must count for something. A gorgeous product full of avocadoey goodness, that keeps the eye area hydrated.

// Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque - $36 per 125mL
This has quickly become my all time favourite clay mask, which is saying something because I've tried a lot.  Absorbs any excess oil that might be creating problems, helps minimise the appearance of pores, aids with congestion, need I say more?

//Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment - $50 per 30mL
Considering the small amount of product you get you'd be mistaken for thinking this was overpriced. Ok, maybe it is a little, but when you apply this on your skin all those worries melt away. A miracle worker in a tube, this is what I rely on when my skin needs serious help. Not only does it reduce existing blemishes, but it assists in fading any scars and works to prevent any new spots arising.  Having just finished a tube of this, I know what I'll be grabbing next time I'm at Kiehls.

// Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser - $32 per 150mL
I'm basically sold on anything once I read that it contains clay. There's something about it that I find to be so beneficial for my skin, so when I tracked this baby down I knew I had to give it a whirl.  Leaves the skin feeling so so incredibly clean, soft and smooth.  Same as the Blemish Control Treatment, I unfortunately don't have a tube of this stuff handy at the moment but one will be repurchased very very soon.


So there you have, my top five 'just can't live without' Kiehl's products. Let me know yours, or your favourite skincare brands in the comments.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig