beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Friday 10 October 2014

New Additions To The Beauty Bag


As I've said in my Rediscovering New Favourites post, I'm a little bit naughty in that I buy a whole heap of makeup but fall into a rut using only the same small selection of products on a regular basis. The same blush, bronzer, foundation, contour, eyeshadow palette, the list goes on.....  Recently though I've been throwing a few new things into my beauty bag and trying to use them more frequently. I've fallen in love with some of these gorgeous products, they've become regular make up staples and I thought I'd share them with you guys. 


//Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil $44
I've got a whole post dedicated to this product here, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I bought this recently and I've absolutely fallen in love with it. Brows were never my strong point but with this product I can honestly say I adore how my eyebrows look. Such a perfect colour match, a gorgeous formula which is long lasting and natural looking.. What more could one want in a brow product?

//Rimmel True Match Foundation
While nothing could ever replace my beloved Nars Sheer Glow, I've been trying to give some other foundations a go.  I picked this one up from Priceline recently when they had Rimmel discounted and I really do like it. I'd never tried a drugstore foundation before and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.   Really long lasting, I never find that I need to powder this one, which I love.

//Korres Lip Butter in Quince
I love this one so much that I've already got an entire post dedicated to it. Such a gorgeous colour, I'm normally not a fan of tinted lip balms but this one gives such gorgeous shine and hydration. The thought of stepping away from lipsticks always frightened me a little bit but this product has completely changed my views towards wearing only a balm on a day to day basis.  Love it. 

//Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
Don't absolutely love this one, but still a good mascara. Not sure about the claims to make your lashes grow longer but I do like that it gives quite a bit of length and a fair bit of volume. I really like it, but I'm never the type to repurchase a mascara as I love to try out a new one once I've used one up.

//Naked Palette 3
I bought this one a couple months ago in Barcelona but I continued to use my Naked 1 & 2 more than this one. When I first whacked a few shades on my eyes I looked like I'd been in a punch up and had come out of it looking less than pretty. Having played around with it though, I've worked out some looks that don't make me look like I've been the victim of a punch or two and I'm really starting to like it.

There you have it, a few products I've been trying to incorporate into my makeup routine more regularly than normal. Let me know any of your new favourites in the comments below.

Cait xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig