beauty, fashion & lifestyle

Monday 27 July 2015

A Brand New Skincare Love


Mario, Mario, Mario. You know the way to a girl's skincare loving heart.

I made a big call on here a little while ago when I said that Kiehl's could potentially be my favourite skin care brand ever to date. Well, things could be changing.  I've dipped my toes into the world of Mario Badescu products and both myself and my skin are ridiculously impressed.

I first tried a Mario Badescu product at the start of 2015 when I was on the hunt for a heavy duty spot treatment that you can always rely on (enter, Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion). More recently though, I've picked up a couple more products from the brand and I'm adoooring them. These products are so reasonably priced, they're hella effective and not only are they cheap but the amount of product you get for your buck is what I like to see. There's only three products from the brand in my collection at the moment, but let me quickly sum up for you just how much I love them.

// Drying Lotion $22
This stuff is my absolute saviour.  It works so effectively and quickly that those awful large, red blemishes are halved in size over night and completely gone in just a couple of days. It does sting when first applied, although I've always found that oddly satisfying as it indicates that it's working.  I've had my bottle for a few months and it's still going strong so it's definitely well worth the price.

//Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater $9
This stuff smells and feels gorgeous and makes my skin supple.  I love that added oomph of hydration that facial mists provide and this one might just be my new favourite. It does a lovely job of refreshing the skin and I imagine it would be ideal for long haul flights. I also use it to set my makeup on occasion.  SO affordable, I'm in love.

//Strawberry Face Scrub $19
In my books, $19 for a tub of face scrub this size is an absolute steal. The product itself is strawberry scented and it's absolutely gorgeous. With strawberry seeds scattered through the product it gently buffs away excess dry skin and the natural acidic properties of the strawberries acts as a chemical exfoliant. If healthy, glowing skin is what you've been reaching for then definitely try this one out. It's a 10/10.

While I haven't tried enough products from the brand to be able to make an informed decision, Kiehl's could have some competition when I get my hands on some more Mario Badescu products in the near future. Some featuring on my list are the Hyaluronic Day Cream, the Seaweed Night Cream, the Almond & Honey Face Scrub, the Enzyme Cleansing Gel and the Flower & Tonic Mask. It's not often that I find a brand that wows me with every product, so let's hope my love for Mario Badescu continues.

Cait xx

(Also please ignore the positioning and lack of focus of the scrub. Ahh the struggles of being a lazy perfectionist.)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! xo

    http://www.eatlovemerry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Your blog is beautiful by the way!! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really lovely brand! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous! Love your blog, just followed xx

      Delete
  3. I love Mario Badescu! That facial spray is one of my favorite skincare products, ever!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous! I've only had it for about a month but I already can't be without it x

      Delete

WordPress & Blogger Templates by pipdig